My Anti-Ageing Skincare Routine At 25

You may be thinking it is a little premature for me to start thinking about my skin ageing. Why am I worrying about wrinkles before I even get old? But the truth is, would you wait to clean your car after 6 months? Would you let leaves, pollution, dirty rain water (plus more additionally disgusting things) build up to the point your car is unrecognisable? The answer is no. When we can visually see something depreciating and decaying, we often step in to stop the process. Why should our skin be any different?

In fact we should be even more stringent with our skin because it has to endure a lot. So I’ve decided to actively start to maintain my skin and do everything I can, yes at age 25, to eradicate the chances of premature ageing. Of course, having a good skincare routine isn’t going to roll back decades for us. There are many other external factors which can age skin. Stress, smoking, sun damage and even genetics can make us predisposed to ageing. That is why it is mandatory to replenish the skin where you can.

As a blogger / reviewer / social media influencer / I don’t even know what to refer to myself as anymore, I have reviewed a plethora of skincare products. What works for me personally is keeping to a routine, consistency is key. Decent products that work together.

I’ve recently been using the Drops of Youth collection by The Body Shop, combined with the Oils of Life intensely revitalising cream. These products are from two of The Body Shops Premium skincare ranges, thus, they are a little pricier but well worth it. Here is a breakdown of each product and the order in which I use them;

Drops of Youth, Youth essence lotion, £15 for 160ml

A gel to water toner which is to be used straight after cleansing. It is extremely hydrating, infused with a blend of three plant stem cells. This sits well with my skin in particular as it’s more of an oily toner, as opposed to conventionally stringent toners.

Drops of Youth, Youth Concentrate, £33 for 50ml

This is essentially a serum concentrate designed to target the first signs of ageing. It smells magnificent, and leave your skin with a moisturising glow.

Drops of Youth, Youth Bouncy Eye Mask, £18 for 20ml

An absolute wonder of a product. The eye mask can be applied directly under eyes to refresh them, or used as an overnight sleeping mask. I personally suffer terribly with dark circles and this is the only product that has ever visibly improved them. Enriched with cucumber extract, the non sticky formula helps to address the first signs of ageing.

Oils of Life, Intensely Revitalising Cream, £26 for 50ml

This cream infuses three well known seed oils from around the world, with perfecting micro pearls that replenish skin. I have been using this as the last step in my routine, both day and night. It is light enough for use in the day, but is excellent as an overnight treatment cream. Designed to fight the signs of ageing and provide intense replenishment to skin. Love it, and how silky it makes my skin feel.

The Drops of Youth and Oils of Life collections are available on The Body Shop website, and in store. You can also order through a consultant like myself; send me a message for further information.

14 Comments

1. September 29, 2018 / 9:54 am

Completely agree with using Anti ageing products and ingredients for a young age. People get so mad about it as well!

• September 29, 2018 / 10:03 am

I went to a conference the other day at an aesthetics clinic, we had really interesting conversations. Anti ageing obviously came up, and both the doctors agreed that any anti ageing treatments & ages to start depend on the individual. I have seen some 25 year olds with bad lines on their face. So I just think go with whatever suits you, and as I’m sure you would agree – prevention is way better than cure!

2. September 30, 2018 / 12:19 am

It’s great you’ve already started on a skincare routine! In my eyes early 20s is a good start time because you have time to experiment. Starting after 25 though, less experimenting with cheap products. 25 isn’t actually young at all in terms of skin.

• September 30, 2018 / 5:31 am

Yes you are right. I guess I have been using anti ageing products in the past, but I am taking the skincare routine seriously now. I can even see a decline in elasticity in my skin since I was, say 18 or so! What’s your favourite anti ageing product?

• September 30, 2018 / 5:28 pm

I understand, companies make a lot of claims with eye creams but in truth an eye cream can only do so much.. like hydrate! anti-aging products alone can’t reverse the signs of aging you’ve already acquired but they can help to slow down future signs of aging. It’s all bad marketing.

• October 1, 2018 / 5:23 am

Yes it’s a huge business you are correct. If the creams worked wonders or miracles than the aesthetics industry wouldn’t be thriving!

3. September 30, 2018 / 1:32 am

I’m 23 and I started anti aging products since I was 20 lol

• September 30, 2018 / 5:32 am

That’s amazing! What’s your favourite anti ageing product?

• September 30, 2018 / 11:07 am

I love the YTTP products because it has natural anti aging ingredients and my skin became soooo sensitive after I had my second, that I just had to get more natural product

4. Melanie
    September 30, 2018 / 10:24 am

Once you hit 25 your collagen and elastin levels start to drop,
    That’s why doing something to combat this early will help your skin later in life
    “I want to look older” said no one ever
    That’s why I offer free skincare consultations to my clients to create a bespoke regimen to suit their needs

5. October 1, 2018 / 3:45 pm

aweosme post, ive always wondered about this collection! <3 now i want to try it!

• October 1, 2018 / 8:27 pm

Thank you hun! If you do want to order private message me 💕💕 xx

• October 14, 2018 / 7:49 am